NextGen Venture Partners is a venture capital investor bringing a service mentality to the entrepreneurs we fund. NextGen benefits from a network of 1,100+ part-time Venture Partners who participate in our investment process and may invest alongside our fund.
The NextGen team is currently seeking a professional, energetic and self-motivated Executive Assistant in our Washington, D.C. office. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented and has the ability to multi-task changing priorities while supporting multiple colleagues on the NextGen team.
The primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the right-hand to one Managing Partner to manage a high volume of meetings and administrative projects. This will be the largest part of the role.
- Work with other Managing Partners to coordinate meetings.
- Manage our database of stakeholders to ensure timely updates as well as run reporting as needed.
- Plan and manage travel for multiple Partners, including flights, hotels, and presentation materials.
- Assist with building and organizing communications to existing stakeholders as well as future investors.
- Support with special projects as needed.
- Assist with event planning.
- General administrative duties including writing correspondence, expense reports, and interfacing with vendors and investors.
- The ideal candidate will possess 2-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant, scheduler, or executive assistant.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to write professional, high-touch emails will be essential in this role.
- Must be a highly organized and efficient problem solver.
- Capable of prioritizing and executing multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
- Organizational/Project Management skills.
- Ability to work independently and on team projects.
- Strong people skills; positive attitude.
- Professional demeanor.
- Both Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills, including spreadsheets and PowerPoint, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Proactive multitasker and team player who can handle competing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with a passion for organizational and project management.
- Positive attitude with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Have the ability to work independently exercising sound judgment, consistency and initiative.
- Display strong service orientation in responding to stakeholder needs.
- Possess a high degree of integrity.
At NextGen we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Wellness program participation incentive
- Financial wellness program
- Gym membership discounts
- Fitness event fee reimbursement
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
- Adoption Benefits
- Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid parental leave
- Group Long Term Disability
- Personal Excess Liability
- Pet Insurance
- Errand-Running and Virtual Concierge Services
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Please submit your interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org